Thursday 12 March 2009

Honesty, Honestly.

You’ll never know how much time you have until it’s passed
When seeing someone you love, may be your last

Lately my honesty is anything but a virtue. I feel like I’m losing more than I’m gaining. Is it possibly that honesty isn’t always the best policy?

I hate playing games when it comes to my heart. If I’m playing games than most likely its infatuation or I’m scared for some reason. But more commonly, I have been approaching matters of the heart a lot more seriously.

Why does it take so many years of small flirtations and bad timing to realize that you might actually have someone great in front of you?
Recently something changed that made me see things this way. There is never any time like the present and I’m not sure if I wait that my feelings will be as strong. So I did something stupid…I was honest. I said “honestly, I like you.” Simply that I care for someone and would like to see what would happen if we finally took the time to try after all these years. What’s the not typical response I received…questions…of why now, and what do you want from this. Insert more questions…and from me a “never mind” quickly rang from my voice.

I know what I want, it’s honesty.
And if someone can’t show the same respect in return I’m not sure how much it’s worth.
I don’t need much, just some type of passion or some awareness to the fact that we’ve spent over half a decade silently fawning over each other. I guess I’m not for the shy hearted.
But after my first big gesture I don’t think the next step needs to be made by me. How am I supposed to know how I feel is still as mutual.
I’m afraid if I don’t take the time to try this now, it’ll be a long time until these feeling resurface again. I’ve done a good job of keeping my emotions buried.