Monday 2 July 2012

Pray, Prey


Problem?  Was that dissatisfaction towards me?
You create me and you take me, such power you have.
This power is used against us, out of what, boredom?
The simplicity where you lie could not compare
to the entertainment of our world;
you had to come mess things up
just to keep yourself amused?
Before you came, I never had a reason to be mad,
never had a fault I was fearful of.  Call me a sinner,
but I rather had walked in the light and burned for it later
than sat in the corner and sulked.  Since we are all forgiven,
what shame should we carry on our shoulders?

Don’t threaten me with your authority;
I’m not here by choice so I choose to be cross.
Is there a rule saying we must be cooperative?
Good Lord, so soon—did you have to steal me so soon?
I was still in the middle of list making my risk taking.
The curiosities in my mind are sure to come about
after the confusion and denial diminish,
but questioning isn’t permitted.
We all spend our lifetime searching for the unexplained
to find out it’s a cheap trick; a lonely man stuck out of sight.
But someone comes to take us, so I assumed it was true.
Now face to face with my maker, the puzzle comes into view.