Monday 9 February 2009

"And now, I’ll stop the storm if it rains"


A few shorts written quickly...inspired by my time living here in London.
18th January-

1.
We walk the streets paved in rain
As one more dreamer makes their stain
But cold it's not, for in your smile
I'll take a glass and stay a while.


2.

Gentle winds about do blow
Faint rains a steady course don't know
As heads forbidden sleep to take
A book to read or call to make

3.

She doesn't seem to understand
how loneliness dealt her this hand.
Looking hasn't found it easy,
Step back, give up, until you find me.

4.

The air smells sweet from this side of town
And the winds do shake the earth from its ground
But quiet looks from untrained eyes
Only know sweet tunes to cry.

5.

The grayest of skies knows its truth;
No sun to shine in this loves youth.
Only cold sheets wrap me tight,
Only dreams to keep me warm tonight.