Sunday 8 February 2009

fairytale endings

"But nothing's greater than the rush that comes with your embrace."

I think I’ve been watching too many fairytales.
I should know by now that love isn’t like in the movies.
Still, I can’t help but yearn for someone to love me like in Romeo and Juliet, without the tragic ending. But can such strong love exist without tragedy? Would Tristan still love Isolde if it wasn’t forbidden?
It isn’t fair to push such ideals onto our young moldable minds…it just gives us false hope. In all honestly, I wish I could find such a strong love as Carrie and Big.
I felt something similar once, where stolen glances and secret conversation melted my soul and made my blood rush. But as soon as it’s allowed, it stops being as interesting…
What if it didn’t though…what if love lasted?
In this day and age where a marriage license is easy to come by and divorce is easier, is it fair to say that the sanctity of marriage is still being upheld? No…it’s us trying to write our own fairytales where we’re searching for the tragic everlasting love. After the honeymoon people aren’t ready to face the burdens of marriage…you have to work at it. The best part about having someone to love is not knowing everything about them and that’s what keeps things interesting.
If you go into a relationship thinking you know the stereotype of the person and classify them as such, you’ll be sadly disappointed to find they won’t be what you expect. And, if you don’t let yourself see anything other than this stereotype that you’ve fitted them with, you’ll be missing out on more than you know.
Love isn’t supposed to be easy. It’s not a Disney movie, and it’s certainly not always a tragedy.
Love isn’t always fair,
Love isn’t always kind.
But it is rare,
And it’s worth searching for,
And even more worth holding on to.